Saturday, July 23, 2011

Jump Start Summer School

I am starting Jump Start Summer School on Monday and I feel so unprepared!  I thought this time summer school would be so great because we are doing it the two weeks before school starts instead of right when school is out in May, but now I am feeling overwhelmed!  I was so caught up in "summer mode" that I am not ready to go back and I cannot get my summer brain to work!  We had time on Friday to get our rooms ready and I spent most of my time dusting everything and wandering around.  I am so not ready for Monday!  We have decided to base our instruction on math literature and we have chosen "Five Little Speckled Frogs" as the book/song to help introduce the numbers 0-5.  This is our first year to do Jump Start Summer School and our first year to have incoming kinders coming to summer school.  It will be interesting to see these students, and what they can do, before school actually starts!  If anyone has any great activities for "Five Little Speckled Frogs" or the number 0-5 please send them my way, I can use all the help I can get!!

1 comments:

  1. You will be fine!! I'll look through my files and see if I have anything you can use. Thanks for the comment on my blog :)

    Hadar
    Miss Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...