Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Summer School

Summer School is going so much better than I anticipated!  I only have 10 students in my class...can you believe it!  I am so lucky because they are very cute, sweet children and they are eager to do everything I have planned so far.  I have used the song "Five Little Speckled Frogs" as a theme for my activities but I have also used some other great frog books as well.  Frog and Toad by Arnold Lobel and Jump, Frog, Jump by Robert Kalan are great books!  In Frog and Toad Are Friends there is a chapter called The Lost Button and I used that chapter to help introduce sorting buttons (which my class loved).  Jump, Frog, Jump has a repetitive text and the children joined in with me saying, "jump, frog, jump!".  I also found retelling pieces for that story at www.makinglearningfun.com (great site). I created a frog counting smartboard file to help reinforce the numbers 1-5.  I posted it at my TpT store for free:) Check it out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...