Friday, August 5, 2011

Old Cassette Tape Cases

I don't know why but I have saved a lot of my old cassette tape cases (you know teachers, we save everything).  I think most of them are from the listening center tapes because I store my books and tapes in a large ziploc bag and the cases make it too bulgy.  A few years ago a colleague and I were trying to come up with a great way to use all of those cases.  We thought that they would make great containers for sight word letters, to play "Mix and Fix".  Well it took me a few years but I finally got around to making something with them. If you open the case and flip the top around it makes a nice stand.  I printed the "Star Words" on to labels and stuck it to the inside of the case.  Then I added the letter tiles and now I have little letter cases that the children can use to practice the star words we are learning.  The students can dump the letters out and mix and fix them and put them back again.


I am pretty happy with the way it turned out but I want to fix the labels a little.  I can't decide if they need to be able to see the whole word after it is complete or if that doesn't really matter at that point.  When I finish the labels I will post them on my TpT store.

4 comments:

  1. My mission this weekend is to get my old cassettes over to CD's and on my computer. I will have to save all of these boxes!! I just found your darling blog!
    BusyBees

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog too! That is an awesome idea! I have so many cassettes that I never use in my classroom, what a great way to get some use out of the boxes!

    Ms. Preppy's Adventures in Primary and Polka Dots

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, I visited your site and now I am following you too:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the great idea! Now I gotta go clean out some cabinets... I'm sure I have a ton of these hanging around somewhere!
    Tessa
    Spotlight on Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...