Friday, November 11, 2011

Number Posters

I wanted to share a very simple way to reinforce number identification.  A colleague of mine shared this idea with me a few years back and it was one of those times when you say "why didn't I think of that?".  First cut out large numbers from construction paper.  Then have the students cut out numbers from grocery store ads to glue on to the large numbers. I had this at one of my math stations so as they rotated through the stations each child was able to contribute to each number.  Last year we did the numbers 0-9 but this year I only had the students do 0-5 (I ran out of space).  I will post a picture of all of the finished numbers when I get them all up, we were almost finished but one of my sweethearts slid across the floor one day and ripped two numbers.  We had to redo them so it is taking longer then expected to finish.  Here is a picture of some students working on the number 4 (the second time around).


***I forgot to take a picture of the number posters but I did find them in these two pictures so you can kind of see the finished product:

 



2 comments:

  1. Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment! Your blog looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thank you for following my little blog Deedee!! I am inspired by you everyday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...