Friday, January 6, 2012

The Clutter-Free Classroom Project: Week 1


The Clutter-Free Classroom Project is now starting, go to the link to join the Linky Party now.  This is week 1 and our first job was to take before pictures of the areas of our classroom that we want to organize and the four main walls of our room.  Here are the pictures that I took today. 

This is where I spend most of my time, things that I use most often are on this counter.
  
Another cluttered counter!


We have a walk-thru closet between the two kindergarten rooms.  Everything ends up in there and it is getting a little messy!


.
Another shelf in the closet.


This is the inside of a large cabinet.  I would like to make better use of this space!

This is the other side of the large cabinet.  I tried to organize it this summer but it is hard to get to things in here because the shelves are really deep.





 Here are the four walls of my room.






7 comments:

  1. Love your room! Looks like a great space for a kindergartener to learn! I feel ya about those closets, though. I also have a closet and some shelves that need organizing :)
    Nicole
    Teaching With Style

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI! I have the same issue with my closets. I have two big black cabinets and they are super deep too so I can't find a way to organize them to make the best use of that space. I should've taken a picture inside my closets too. Maybe I'll go back and add that in later. :)

    Jamie at 2nd Grade Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Closets are definitely the worst clutter monster for me! Excited to see what your afters look like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your room is super cute! I think we all have issues with closets. Close up it and don't worry about it because you can't see it! Eeek! Hope you make changes you are satisfied with!
    Rambling About Reading

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your room looks orderly compared to mine. For closets I have found that boxes, bins or tubs looks so much better when they are the same and labeled.

    Ms. M
    Ms.M's Blog
    A Teacher's Plan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your room looks nice and big! I am jealous that you have so many closets and counters and shelves!! Whoever built my school felt like we didn't need any of that business.... boo!!

    Marvelous Multiagers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award.
    krissyskindergarten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...