Sunday, February 19, 2012

0-5 Go Fish FREEBIE

One of the common core standards for kindergarten is to be able to add and subtract fluently to 5.  To help my students with this I made a 0-5 Go Fish game.  I copy 3 sets of the cards for each group of students (2-3 players).  Each child in the group gets 5 cards to start with.  To make a match they need to have a combo to make 5.  So if they have a 4 they ask another player, "do you have a 1?".  It is played just like traditional Go Fish.  My students loved this game!  I was going to just use regular playing cards but it was kind of confusing with the ace and using a different card for zero so I made my own cards.  Click on the picture to take you to my Tpt store and download your own.

7 comments:

  1. I can't believe that happened to you!!!!!!!!!!! So glad she still has her finger!!! YIKES!!!! What is with these doors??????
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is GREAT! Thanks so much for sharing. I am your newest follower :)

    Michala
    thehallyhousehold.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. I am putting a link back to this on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THIS IS FABULOUS.
    I am a student teacher and I am working on this common core standard myself. what a perfect center activity!
    Such a cute blog! I just found you tonight and I am utterly enjoying the posts!
    I'm a new follower!

    Miss S
    jaanashingledecker24@gmail.com
    Just Teaching...Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have just given your blog an award. Come check out my blog for the details.

    Happy Blogging!
    Ann
    http://mrsgreeneskindergartenkorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your blog and the freebie! I am your newest follower! I hope you'll check out my "manly" kindergarten blog!

    Greg
    Smedley's Smorgasboard of Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...