Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Any Advice??

My district has adopted a new reading program for next year.  It is called Reading Street by Scott Foresman.  If any of you use this series I would love to hear what you think about it and what resources you have found on the internet.  I have a two day training on June 11 and 12 and I brought home the first two units to review.  It looks okay so far but it is a little different from Harcourt (what I have used for the past 10 years).  We have not received all of the materials yet so I have not been able to see all of the leveled readers and big books that come with the program.  Please let me know what you think about the program and the materials!!  I would really appreciate any input!

5 comments:

  1. We've had the series for 4 years now and I have a love/hate relationship with it. Loves - the readers, sequence of letters, sequence of sight words, differentiation lessons Hates - stories (some are really good, but some make no sense in the scope or sequence of our school year and units), center ideas are kind of hokey and workbooks are way too simple!
    If you go to my blog and search the reading labels, I have journals and amazing word cards already made for you =)

    Laura
    Kinder Kraziness

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree- it is a love-hate reading series. The language arts section is weak and I've had to adapt to my students.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Iam with Laura 100% great resource for this is Kindergarten Kove from Shelby County TN. They have a ton of stuff for each story. I have PowerPoints for each story, if you want them email me.

    Markeeta
    ATeacherAndABlog.blogspot.com
    markeeta220@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. My district has had it for five years. The last two years I have barely used it. I have used some of the stories throughout the year but not in order. I use the Fountas and Pinnell "Kindergarten Phonics" book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all of the great info. ladies!! I looked at the titles of the books and wondered how they were going to fit into the themes and different times of the year too! I will be searching your blogs for more insight for sure! With Harcourt I had to add in my own stuff too so I am used to doing that. I am sure that is true of any reading program. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...