|No idea why it is the year 2043 on my picture!? I guess I need to fix my camera!|
Here is a list of the special days that we have:
1. ABC/123 Day - the children wear clothes with letters or numbers on them and we do fun ABC/123 activities.
2. Dinosaur Day - the children can bring in a dinosaur book to share with the class.
3. Slumber Party Day - the children wear their pajamas and bring in a pillow. We read the Napping House and Goodnight Moon and in the afternoon we watch a movie and eat popcorn.
4. Rodeo Day - the children dress like cowboys and cowgirls and in the afternoon we have a rodeo outside (we ride stick horses, make cowboys out of paint sticks, play horseshoes, make a Twinkie cactus, and rope a rocking horse).
5. Water Day
6. Space Day - we do fun space activities and learn about the phases of the moon using Oreo cookies.
7. Game Day - the children bring games from home to share with friends (not my favorite day).
8. Puzzle and Party Day - the children bring in puzzles to share and we have an ice cream party in the afternoon.
9. Last Day of School - there is no special event on this day, it is an early release day so the children and I take time to say goodbye and remember our favorite things about this school year.