CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Number Talks


I just ordered this book on Amazon.  I have been wanting this book for a while now and this is the cheapest that I have seen it so I grabbed it!  We have a copy at our school but I need something to read this summer and I also like to have my own copy of books:)  Has anyone else read this?  Last year my colleagues and I used number talks in our math lessons and I really liked the idea but I feel like I need some more instruction on how to use them more effectively.  I have the dot cards,  5 and 10 frame cards, and I even made rekenreks last year (if you are unfamiliar with rekenreks read my previous post on them here).

  • Do you use "Number Talks" in your classroom?
  • If so, for how long and what kind do you use?

I am hoping to get a lot of great information from this book.  I cannot wait to read it!!

This is a rekenrek.

4 comments:

Simply First Grade Fun

Yes, I read the book last summer. It's awesome. If you have a smartboard, you could download the lessons for 3-10 that I created based on the book. Enjoy your reading ~ the book is a great reference for your lessons!

Michele

Thanks Pat, I love your blog and I know that I have downloaded some things already but I am going over there now to check these lessons out! I love using the smartboard!! Thanks!

Kelley Dolling

I am going to have to look into this book! Our district isn't ordering our math book again this year and my team and I are looking into revamping our program. Thanks for the sharing :)

Kelley Dolling
Teacher Idea Factory

Kimberlee :)

our academic coach introduced me to this book, but I do not have a copy - I am planning on implementing Number Talks this coming year!! Nervous & excited about it!! I purchased a class set of rekenreks with a local grant I wrote last year, so this will be my first year using those as well - lots to learn & try this coming year - what advice do you have??? Thanks fo visiting my page, by the way:) I am a new follower of yours!!

~ Kimberlee ~

Two Fulbright Hugs

Post a Comment