Thursday, June 28, 2012

Race Car Game and Good Finds

Have you ever been to Carl's Corner?  It is a fabulous website made by a retired teacher who has wonderful ideas and is very generous!!

Click on picture and then scroll down to find game.
I found this game on her website a while back and I thought that it would be really cute to use little cars as the markers for the game but I couldn't find any cars.  Well, the other day while at the Dollar Tree I found these:

 
I think that they are perfect.  I love the game boards on this website (there are so many!!)  because you can program them any way that you want to.  I think that I will have the children draw a card with a sight word on it and if they can read it they move two spaces and if not they stay where they are.  I am not sure yet but I was so happy I found the perfect cars...little things make me happy:)

While at the Dollar Tree I also found these:


The little containers with animal faces on them are only about 2 inches tall and I am thinking about using them for math manipulative holders for math stations during my zoo unit.  They are really cute!  They are snack containers for toddlers and I got the monkeys, hippos and dogs.  I love the mini tub like containers, they are 2 for a dollar!  And of course I love the marbles for counting. 

I also made it to the 99cent Store and got these:


I love how simple they are and how they do not have any writing or decorations on them.  They are perfect for counting jars.  I am not sure why I would need three counting jars but I liked all of the colors and couldn't decide.  They are about 4 inches tall.  I actually bought more things at both stores but I already dropped some off at school.

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE Carl's Corner. I found that site a while back and use it all of the time! Thanks for sharing your Dollar Tree finds. It's one of my favorite stores!! :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Carl's Corner.

    I have cars like that and my kiddos love using them to sound out words. =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carl's Corner is a favorite of mine! I like all your dollar tree finds. I was just there today! I am your newest follower!
    Jennifer
    kindertrips

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the Dollar Tree. I dedicated a whole blog to it with arrows and pictures which is kind of pathetic now that I think about it! :) Oh well, I still Love it. Now I will be going there to find those little animals containers!


    Your newest follower,
    Stephany
    primarypossibilities.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this blog For more online car games, visit car parking games

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...