Some other activities we do here are:
- Mix and Fix - use magnetic letters to make the word, mix up the letters and then fix the word and read it (they do this 5 times)
- Practice writing the word on a whiteboard
- Practice on magna doodles
- Roll and color star word papers
- Make star word hats and necklaces from Fran Kramer's product: Sight Words to Rock Your Room (on Tpt) This packet has so many great activities!!
- Make words using wikki stix
- Write words in salt trays and gel bags
- I also use some of the activities from Shari Sloane's site Kidscount1234 (look under Literacy Centers, my students love the Telephone Game and the Word Tower!).
Do you have a similar center in your room?
If so, what kind of activities do you do there?