Sunday, August 12, 2012

School Starts Today!

Well, not really today but tomorrow!  I cannot believe it is already time to start school again!  Every year we sing a special song on the first day of school.  It goes like this ( I think the tune is The Farmer in the Dell):

School starts today!
Hooray, hooray, hooray!
We get to go to school today!
Hooray, hooray, hooray!



The kids love this song and it is a simple, fun song that they can quickly remember and we sing it all day!  We print it out and have the students draw a picture of something they like about school under the words to the song.  They take it home to share with their families and they have a memory of their first day of school. If you would like a copy of the words click HERE.

1 comments:

  1. I hope you have a great first day!!!


    I'm having a giveaway over at my new Clip Art blog! I hope you'll come by and check it out:)
    Tammy
    1...2...3...Teach With Me
    Dots of Fun! Clip Art

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...