Sunday, September 30, 2012

Name Song for Initial Sound Practice

 Bailey on the bus says /b/, /b/, /b/
/b/, /b/, /b/
/b/, /b/, /b/
Bailey on the bus says /b/, /b/, /b/
all through the town.

I am not sure where I originally got this song from, it is one that I have used for many years. I like to sing it at the beginning of the year with my students to help them understand what letter they start with but also to incorporate initial sounds.  The children love to hear this song and sing with me and they will get very quiet so I will use their name in the song (I pick the quietest students). After we have sung it in class a few times and the children can sing it independently I make a class book.  I write the students' names and the letters because I think it is important for them to be able to read it and I think it would get too confusing for them to write it.  Then I let the students color the bus and add their picture to one of the windows.  Then I bind the pages and make a book.  The children love this and it usually becomes a favorite book that they will go back to all year!

Click on the image below to download a copy of the page I use for the class book.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...