Sunday, October 28, 2012

Where to Find RTI and Research Based Interventions

My colleagues and I just had a professional development day where we talked about RTI (response to intervention) and we were allowed time to create the small groups that we will work with.  We were told that all of the interventions we use need to be research based.  This made us stop and think about what we use during most of our small groups and whether it was really research based or not.  So I did a little searching and came up with some websites that have information and/or examples of research based interventions.  I am hoping to find more so if you know of any please leave a comment and let me know!  I would love to have a list here so people can find them in one spot.  Here is what I have found so far:


 






FCRR is one of my favorite websites to find interventions!  They are separated into categories and all of the activities that I have used are easy to make and the kids like them.  I have even captured some to my smart notebook software to use on the smartboard in whole group.    {Here} is a link to a page on FCRR where you can search the activities by grade level and skill area. 


I have found some more great information on a blog called The Inspired Apple.  Abby has posted some great ideas that can be used during small group time.  The activities may not neccarily be research based  but used consistently I feel that they are would be very effective for struggling students!!

We are also looking for research based apps to use on some newly acquired ipads.  We would love to use the ipads as a source of interventions for our Tier 2 students.  If you know of any great apps that are free please let me know!  Thanks, any suggestions would be appreciated!! 

3 comments:

  1. Wow... smartboards, ipads, you are lucky to have so many great resources to use with your class!:)

    I'm your newest follower! Stop by anytime! :)

    Cindy
    Granny Goes to School

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, of course you may link to me! My stuff isn't researched based - more so strategy packs, filled with resources to use to meet the needs of my kiddos! However, I'm sure there's research to back certain aspects of it :) Thanks for asking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is awesome, thanks for pulling all of this together ... i'm going through the PST process on 2 of my kiddos and one of the things that the team wants to know is what Interventions have been tried, this gives me some more to put to good use ... BTW I have Abby's Kindergarten RTI stuff from TPT ~ it is GREAT!!!

    TheJugglingTeacher

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...