Sunday, November 11, 2012

Teaching Tip Linky Party


Hadar at Miss Kindergarten is hosting a Teaching Tip Linky Party.  I love to hear new ideas from other teachers!  I can't wait to check out everyone's tips!!  Click on the picture to go to Miss Kindergarten's blog.


Here are a couple of things that I do in my classroom that help me. 

"Speedy Letters"

First is something I call "Speedy Letters".  To help my students with letter/sound id fluency and improve their scores on DIBELS I use a small magnetic board with letters across the top.  As I push a letter from the top to the bottom of the board the chidlren say the letter name or sound (whichever one I called out before we started).  I always have the magnetic board handy with letters that we have covered in class.  I grab it during transition times and it only takes a few minutes.  After doing it together a few times I can call students up to do it individually, this gives me a good idea of who needs help with fluency.

Page Protectors

If there is one thing that I use a lot in my room it is page protectors!  It is probably not much of a tip because I am sure that everyone already uses them but I use to think that I had to laminate everything until a colleague handed me page protectors and I was hooked.  I use them for all of my math mats, playdough mats or anything that I need to be protected from those little hands.  I even hang them on my PDSA wall to slide in my new goal each cycle.   Many of my math mats require the students to write an answer so the page protectors are perfect because the students can use white board markers to write on them and it wipes right off.  They are great!

Don't forget to head over to Miss Kindergarten to see all of the other great teacher tips!

5 comments:

  1. I am also a page protector addict! Thanks for sharing!
    Hilary
    Second Grade is Out of This World

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use page protectors for everything as well!! Love your blog! We're your newest followers!! -Jackie and Danielle-
    sisterteachers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tips! I am very happy with Kindergarten that my kids really loves working with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love page protectors as well. I am your newest follower
    Connie Anderson:)
    www.welcometofirstgraderoom5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...