Popular Posts

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Great Number Sense Game

I found a great number sense game for kinders on the Teaching Channel!  It is called Mingle and Count.  The students mingle around the room until the teacher calls out a number.  The students have to form groups of that number.  Then the teacher and children check each group.  Any students that are left over without a group are assigned a special way to mingle, such as hopping like a bunny or flapping their arms like a bird.  In the video the teacher did this with the numbers 2,3,4 and 5.  I cannot believe that I forgot about the Teaching Channel and I haven't been on it in a while.  I found so many great ideas just now!

3 comments:

  1. I have never seen that sight. It was great to see a video of how they play the game. I can't wait to try it on Monday. Thanks Michele!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this game, thanks for the great link. I have never been on that site and really enjoyed watching some of the videos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun games. Thanks so much for sharing the idea. I bet your kiddos LOVE it!
    Cindy
    Granny Goes to School
    Win Educational Games Worth $65 Give Away

    ReplyDelete