Sunday, August 10, 2014

Easy Things to Make for Not a Lot of Money

Over the summer I wanted to make things for my classroom that were fun and easy but also very useful.  I also didn't want to spend a lot of money.  Here are the things that I decided to make.  Most are very simple and do not take a lot of time. Now that I found out I have 29 kindergarten students coming tomorrow I am going to need a lot of things to keep them busy!!
Macaroni noodles dyed with food coloring and rubbing alcohol. I bought the neon food coloring for some interesting colors!

Gel bags made with hair gel and food coloring.  These were the most fun to make:)

Ten frames made with colorful popsicle sticks.  I bought the sticks already colored.

Salt for salt trays dyed with food coloring.  They look funny because I double bagged them so I wouldn't have salt spill out all over my car!  You just put a few drops of food coloring in and mix it around.  I think it will probably turn their fingers colors but oh well, it is pretty!

Click on this picture to go to the website for the directions on how to make this.  You use Ziploc bags and duct tape.  For me this was the hardest thing to make because I am a perfectionist and it drove me crazy!

I made a simple ABC matching game with clear spoons and white spoons. Just put the clear spoon on top of the white so they can see both letters.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...